LONDON TFC ACADEMY COVID-19 UPDATE (January 23, 2021)
Attention: All LTFCA Membership London TFC Academy Soccer Club Families, Volunteers, Staff and Soccer Community:
We are writing to provide you with an update on our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide pandemic. As per Province of Ontario guidelines, we ceased training and competition in sync with guidance from Ontario Soccer, Canada Soccer and local School Board and BMO Indoor activity suspension. Since then, London TFC Academy Soccer Club Leadership continue to follow the course of the coronavirus outbreak and the response of like-minded organizations. We believe it is essential to be pro-active with preventative measures, preserving health and wellness for our membership and our community as a whole.
1. London TFC Academy Soccer Club continues to follow the mandate by Ontario Soccer (and Canada Soccer) and has suspended all on field (in-person) soccer activities until further notice. Please see Ontario Soccer communication online here: https://www.ontariosoccer.net/page/show/5697170-covid-19-updates During this time of uncertainty, we will follow the lead of local, provincial and national governments to help guide our actions and ‘Return to Play’ timelines.
2 In an effort to assist families with cashflow in some small way during these unprecedented times, we have modified the payment withdrawal timeline for those who chose a structure payment plan. Original payment plans of 2/1, 3/15 and 5/1 have been delayed to new dates which will be 3/1, 4/15 and 6/1 to assist families in a small way. Further, with the savings in winter indoor facility costs, we will be looking to reduce annual fees accordingly once savings are finalized and calculated.
3 . LTFCA staff and operations continue to run business as usual, however, without the opportunity for in person meeting/contact. Our staff is available via e-mail and will be responding to every communication in a timely manner. If you have trouble contacting your coach, please send an email directly to email@example.com
4. There is no current guaranteed timetable for Return-to-Play as many municipalities to restrict activities and the hours of local businesses. While no official announcement has been made, we are proceeding with our program with the understanding that leagues will run either in full or with delayed/modified schedules including OASL/EMDSL/OPDL and League1.
5. Our coaches and staff are prepared to support our players and LTFCA families remotely throughout this downtime, maintaining a consistent connection and confidence through the sport of soccer. We will make all efforts to continue the sense of family, team and player development which are at the core of our values:
1. Online Physical and Skills Development: Age appropriate, planning and exercises to encourage physical literacy in grassroots players and physical development in older players designed to be done at home.
2. Social Media: Beyond coaches will holding “Weekly Team Sessions” for players to connect/collaborate on tasks online each player is encouraged to follow us on Facebook and Instagram @londontfc where players, coaches and our Social Media Ambassadors share games, skills, drills and club news.
3. Tactical Development: Club Staff and Coaches continue to develop their skills too as they continue to acquire training and coaching knowledge and best-practices to share with players when we are back on the field.
London TFC Academy Coaching Staff, Managers and the LTFCA Board are having ongoing meetings via Zoom and we will communicate any further updates following those meetings and as new information becomes available.
FINGERS CROSSED THAT WE WILL SEE YOU ALL SOON…BACK ON TRICAR FIELD!!
We are grateful for our London TFC Academy family. Thank you and Stay Safe.
Please feel free to contact us directly via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org